Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Planters


Now that spring has finally arrived, we are so excited about getting outside and enjoying a little yard work!  I have been keeping an eye out for planters and was thrilled when I stumbled on this big guy at Home Goods the other day.

Before filling the planter with soil I needed to add a drainage hole to prevent root rot.  Using a big round drill bit I just drilled a hole in the center of the bottom and then covered the hole with some plastic netting (the kind onions come wrapped in) to keep the soil from dropping out.  Since the roots of these plants won't need to reach all the way to the very base of the planter, I filled the first few inches in with packing peanuts 1) to help further with drainage, and 2) to keep the pot from getting to heavy.  







On my way home I stopped off at a local plant shop to pick up some flowers to brighten up the front of our house, making sure to get a variety of color, size and texture.  




Happy spring!

xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...