Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Make it count....

Today I was helping a friend with a cocktail party. Sadly, I forgot my camera but had my i phone along with me. Here are a few behind the scene photos. Now, just a tip, when you are planning arrangements for any event you want to make each bloom count. If you don't arrange with a bit of simple math your floral composition can be off. For today, I went for elegant romance, since the party is  going to be held in a historic space. The arrangements will be alongside silver platers, silver candle sticks, and the space oozes elegance. 

When I am planning an arrangement I hope something that pops and is unexpected. I chose to use these beautiful peonies, and they are all pop. When planning remember to think how many blooms you need for each arrangement. In this case I used two per arrangement. Keeping arrangements slightly calculated will help you get to the composition you hope to achieve.  I also love to include a flower that is rare, like a Scabiosa. I don't about you, but when I see an arrangement I am always looking for the unexpected.  







Mil Besos,


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...