Friday, May 30, 2014

Nautical Fun

After such a long, hard winter, we arrived home to find spring has nearly turned into summer around here.  It has been hot and sunny, and I'm loving every minute of it.  By the end of the winter, I was so tired of every single sweater that I own, I was nearly ready to throw them all away and move to Florida (you think I'm kidding).  But thankfully warmer weather arrived just in time to revive us, and now I'm in full-on summer mode.

I think that's why I'm loving this season's hint of nautical that I'm seeing everywhere.  Stripes, navy with gold buttons, crisp white and bright red-- the whole thing is a happy reminder of sandy beaches and boat rides.  Obviously this is one of those trends that works better mixed with less thematic pieces-- you don't want to look like you're dressed as Popeye for a costume party:)  But subtle nods to the maritime look can be fun and fresh-- and finally summery.




Nautical rope shell

These socks are so fresh and cute, I don't even care if they're men's.







And this door knocker!! I would buy a beach house JUST to buy this gorgeous piece of gold awesomeness.



xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...