Friday, December 16, 2011

F & F

It is Friday and I have some blooming inspiration. You know that we are almost a week from Christmas. If you are having guests over for the holidays & are planning on making some arrangements, here are a few ideas.  Remember order your stems ahead of time from the florist and pick then up Friday the 23rd.  

The Christmas Story 

The Wreath

I love the shape of these modern wreaths. I bought one, not to hang, but to use as an arrangement. 


What do you think of this shape?



I made an arrangement of red peonies, gray berries, and placed the arrangement in the middle of the wreath. I love the effect. You get more bang for your buck. Wouldn't this arrangement be perfect for a farm table?

Another Yarn inspiration on the WREATH
by West Elm

Here are a few more modern arrangements. 


Simply take your shears to your tree, and you will have plenty to decorate with.


These are a few ideas around my house I just threw together. 


White Peonies with garland are so fragrant.


I love combining tradition with modern design; I feel it pays respect to the past while living in the present. 

EASY STREET
And for those of us with no arranging time, buying these painted white branches will add a sense of occasion with minimal labor. Simply add these branches to a large vase, they will definitely make a statement.

West Elm makes decorating EASY
I can imagine placing these trees as centerpieces throughout the entire season.

Isn't this candelabra beautiful?  I can imaging escaping to the country and placing this centerpiece on a farm table.


Happy Arranging!!!

Mel


P.S.


If your looking for a book to read over the holidays with your family, " The Greatest Gift" is good looking and also inspired the film 
" Its a Wonderful Life." 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...