Thursday, July 12, 2012

Glam Lighting


We have been in need of overhead lighting for quite sometime.  I needed a solution that did not require an electrician and was truly budget friendly. A trip to Ikea was my only solution.  I purchased a hanging lamp cord and a white shade.  

Once the project was complete, I appreciated the lighting affect, but couldn't help feeling the shade needed a lift.


My solution was in a small jar of metallic paint I picked up at Home Depot for 5.95.  I knew this gold metallic would come in handy. 




I began painting one coat.  Then I lit the lamp to check for any spots I may have missed. I realized quickly this job needed at least two coats, although my little jar of gold was plenty for this job.






I love the clean and modern look of the lamp. Our furniture is pretty classic and antique, so mixing up the decor is always a great choice. 


Besos,


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...