Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!!

Now, I know 4th of July is ALL about around independence from England, but I will admit my favorite summer cocktail is from across the pond.  I love a pitcher of Pimms over BBQ--who wouldn't?! USA all the way!! BUT let's not exclude the Pimms on this special day. 


What is MY favorite summer cocktail you ask?? BTW, every good Episcopalian has one!

PIMMS: MY WAY
via NY Times

Traditionally you mix a lovely amount of Pimms into a pitcher with ginger beer, to taste. I however, love Pimms MY WAY- instead of ginger beer I love to mix with champagne or prosecco.  I say EVERYTHING is better with champagne.

I then add fresh cut strawberries, a few slices of cucumber, and fresh MINT.  The mint makes every sip taste so refreshing and crisp. Just add ice to your pitcher, and you are on your way to happiness over the BBQ. 

via Cake Head

Happy Fourth of JULY!!!!!


Mel

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...