Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Super Easy Lamp Makeover

In trying to pull together our guest room a little before my parents arrive this weekend, I realized that none of our lamps really go with the colors in that room.  In fact, somehow we have ended up with several random light fixtures that don't fit in anywhere in the house, including this cheap blue and white bamboo one we've had forever.  I'm doing my best to work with what we've got as much as possible, so I wanted to see if we could make this guy fit in the guest room after a quick makeover.  


Since the carpet in that room is cream and navy, I decided to go with a dark blue paint for the lamp to tie the space together a little more.  I picked up a can of spray primer and a can of navy spray paint on one of my daily runs to Home Depot and then carefully taped off the areas of the lamp I did not want to spray.


I gave it two coats of the blue paint to ensure even coverage, and the whole project was finished in just a few hours!  For six dollars, not a bad deal, and it gives you the flexibility to spray paint it again later to use in another room.



xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...