Friday, March 29, 2013

I Heart Gold Mirrors

Whew!  This week has been pretty crazy, with the pre-Easter church bustle, combined with a fun dinner party and Jady's parents coming into town.  There is so much going on that I completely forgot it was my day to post on Wednesday!  Literally didn't even occur to me once.  Thankfully we are pretty relaxed about things here at Mel & Liza:)

The Kochs' trip up to see us all meant that in order for them to stay with us, I needed somehow to turn the upstairs room that has been our power tool/paint can storage/tiling workshop room into real bedroom... in less than three days.  Even though we hadn't really decided what look we wanted exactly,  I had to make some fast decisions in order to create something remotely acceptable-- and sometimes necessity and a super short deadline is exactly what I need to get things done!  

Of course I didn't want to be completely utilitarian about the design, so I decided to choose something for the new room to elevate the elegance factor slightly (mostly to help distract from the fact that we're still storing a huge pile of boxes and tools in there!). So I went on a hunt for a gold mirror at a low price, diligently checking out second hand, thrift and antique shops whenever I passed one and had a minute to peek in.  Because I knew it would hang over a dresser, I was hoping to find a horizontal mirror to fit the space-- and was thrilled when I came across this one.





I can't wait to show you what we pulled together (in the nick of time!).  Stay tuned for next week's before and "after" photos:)


Have a great weekend!

xo




Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...