Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pink Cheese

Last night we had a new friend coming over for a bit of a snack and drinks. I wanted to pull something together that was simple, yet special. I did not have time to iron linens or shop for new candle sticks, so I pulled together what I had. Also, I had a few stems left from my Monday morning gig, and pulled out all my bud containers. I am not sure how it happened, but we ended up with a great color scheme or blues, browns, peaches, and pinks. 

THE CHEESE PLATE
I promise this "pink cheese plate" required 30 minutes of my day! When putting together any cheese plate we always include, almonds, fruit, chocolate, baguette, and of course a variety of cheese. 
Jake has recently discovered a new cheese that is creamed with truffle oil, and it is his new obsession. We have also discovered jalapeƱo stuffed olives, the description does not sound that appetizing, but believe me they are to die for. For our baguette, I usually pick them up from Bedford Cheese or Balthazar, since the French really do know how to bake bread that is crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. 

When I am in another town, I love to thrift shop a bit, and one item I always have my eye out for are interesting bud vases. I found these in an antique shop in AZ, for a buck each. I love the blues against the peach and pinks. They also make for lovely and unique center pieces. 














Happy Cheese Plating!!!


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...