Monday, April 21, 2014

Back to Berlin: Call the Doctor

Happy Easter Monday!  We had a wonderful weekend here, with lots of moving church services, seeing tons of friends and absolutely perfect spring weather.  Happiness and hope all around!  Perfect for Easter.  

These past few weeks have been a little crazy for us, since we are about to leave town for nearly a MONTH (gulp), and I'm tackling long to do lists of appointments, house maintenance, yard work and other loose ends that need to be dealt with before we go.  I find leaving town always a little stressful, but leaving the country for a month takes things to another level:)  

This trip evokes a whole mix of emotions for us, too, since partly it's a fun tour of Germany and Austria with a group from our church (that's the awesome, relaxing part).  But we're also going over early so that Jady can take oral exams and defend his PhD in Berlin.  This doctorate degree is what took us to Europe years ago, and after so much hard work and stress and wondering if he could ever finish, he submitted his thesis last year (fireworks! standing ovation!), and now this is the final step in the whole process.  This is it!  We're almost there, and I couldn't be prouder.  Even if he doesn't pass and never gets the degree, I admire him so much for all that he has studied and learned, and the fruit of that hard work is already so evident in the depth and quality of his teaching and preaching.



Sorry to go on and on-- but I feel like I'll be awarded a degree, myself, since we lived through this together, and I'm just so proud:) 

What this means for me is that I have had barely any time to work on fun renovation endeavors lately in my flurry of other, less hands on tasks, and I'm missing my power tools, paint brushes and the satisfaction of a start to finish project.  Now that spring has finally arrived, I did get to enjoy a glorious day of yard work, weeding, planting and cutting the grass on Saturday.  Allergies be damned!  ;-)  I loved every minute of it.

xo

Liza

2 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Let us know if you want t swing by St. Gallen, Switzerland! And good luck to Jady - fingers crossed und Daumen gedrückt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip! Congratulations to you both on the completion of the PhD! You both deserve all the praise for getting through it, sane and in tact!!! Will be praying on this end for it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...