Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Grateful Heart

Hello Friends. We are on the eve of Thanksgiving and we are pretty busy around here prepparing for manana. Each year we host a supper that feeds 200-300 at St. George's Church. We are busy organizing volunteers and prepparing to share a meal. Of all our work, one of the most meaningful activities for tomorrow will be our Thanksgiving service. I don't know about you, but sitting quietly in a beautiful space is the perfect opportunity to reflect on our lives and give thanks. 


(Sophia @ 3)

Liza and I have been a bit absent this semester on the blog, because there is much to be thankful for in our lives. We love blogging, but more importantly we are so appreciative of the people we have been given. This season, I have found myself slowing down in a real way. I am trying to listen to my ninos when we walk to and from school, Jake and I are tucking our phones away more often, and I am taking the time to just breath. 
I know as we prepare for one of the most wonderful & anxious seasons of the year, taking a moment to be grateful for what our season is about will be what gets us all through December. 


If you need a place to rest and breath there are two things I suggest. 

UNO: Stop in at Calvary- St. Georges Church


DOS: Pick up the Mockingbird-Zine. You will find real respite within the pages of each magazine. 



Happy Thanksgiving to you all! 
Thank you for reading and being part of our lives. 

Gobble Gobble!!!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...