Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On the horizon

I know this is such a hectic time of year for most of us, and organization is probably the last thing on everyone's minds. But we all know the New Year is just around the corner, and we will also soon be craving organization in our dwelling spaces. 


Isn't this cover inspiring?!


Wouldn't you die for this organized look?!
via Martha Stewart

Remember my desk project???

I focused on the color orange, because Sophia painted this beautiful rainbow with an artist friend, Chris Anderson (look her up-- you will be impressed).  I loved the rainbow painting and wanted to showcase it. So, I thought the bright white desk was perfect, & the orange details tied it all together.


Henry's Dresser



What do you think?

Organized Jewels
Isn't Martha amazing?!!!

Here are my jewels

What is not to love?

Organizing the Mantle

I love this brick, it says it all, we live in a great old building full of wonderful details.

Henry lent a hand


Small details of our lives, art from Sophia, cameos of the children, art we collected, and sentimental cards between Jake & me.



Lastly, my dream corner.......

Getting organized with style & sentiment really can make for a satisfying project.


Besos,

M

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired... our place needs a serious dose of your organization skills, Mel. Thanks for the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the last photo, I spy DIY. I think it only takes a bit of paint and some billy shelves from Ikea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...