Friday, January 20, 2012

Jot it down..

Hello Lovely Readers!!!  
Friday has arrived, and I don't know about you, but I do have a honey-do list that needs some attention!!!  The best way to get myself going has a lot to do with stationary. If you have the right notebooks, planners, and thank you cards, the chores get done.  I have not yet moved into the world of organization via Excel-- I am that woman who continues to love & use good looking paper.

My Agenda.Com 
Here are just a few of my favorites.  I do have the robin's egg journal.

Don't you just love how good looking these leather planners are? Right now they are on sale!!!!

 I LOVE the meal calendars, chore lists, and grocery lists.  It doesn't take much!!


IsPads are great organizers, too!!! 
If you're going to use your iPad in this capacity you need to invest in a DODO Case, or if you have a Henry in your life, these cases are a MUST!!!




You can find them in any J Crew store!!!

The Thank You! 
Jake and I are always writing thank you notes.  The best way to go is with personal stationery.  Our friend Jane Anderson at Plain Jane's is a fantastic stationary designer-- check her out! Jake does love the look of a clean design, where he can easily jot down a Merci!


Via Tiny Prints

Lastly, when it comes to politics, I will be the first to admit I do have my head a bit in the sand.  Although, I have noticed First Lady Obama's fab style and her initiatives on reading and eating well, too. I must say, JOTTING down the hours you've read not only makes you feel smarter, its amazing to see how much you actually read to your children.


I don't think we have the will power to tuck the TV away in the closet like the Obamas, but we are always up for an adventure in a good book, and weekends are great for reading!!!




Sophia loves Black Beauty
(be prepared to talk about death, though. I did not see that coming).

I am also loving Diane Keaton's biography, and the jury is still out on the Grace Based Parenting
(I am only in chapter two).

This weekend is catch up for me. We are only 20 days into the New Year, and I am already feeling a little behind.  Oh well, such is life when you are trying to enjoy it and stay organized!!

Happy Weekending!!!

Mel

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about planners and stationary... I get obsessed with finding the right one for the year!

    And the family calendar is also important... we settled on a cute kitchen themed calendar from Anthropologie.

    And don't get me started on pens... if I don't have the right pen, then forget it. Current favorites are Le Pen and Uniballs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...