Monday, February 20, 2012

New Ideas as Middle Eastern Souvenirs

I promise this will be my last post about my experience in Israel:), but I had to share some of the photos that had me thinking about color while I was there.  Not only was the light there amazing--clear and crisp-- but the range of blues and grays combined with the pale yellow local stone used in so many buildings made me want to run home and decorate every room with these exact colors, soothing and peaceful.

Of course, Israel's mixture of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern influences means that it's not all pastels!  The clothing, rugs, and interior accents often build on the organic, neutral backdrop with bright colors and textural depth.

On a side note, while visiting Nazareth, I even found a fixer-upper I would love to get my hands on!  It has great potential, right? 

A few themes I brought home with me:
1. Just look around you; landscapes provide amazing inspiration for home decorating.

Looking out over the Sea of Galilee, where so much of Jesus' ministry took place


Driving through the Judean desert.


Swimming in the Dead Sea with a dramatic sky overhead (and a little free Dead Sea mud treatment:))










2. Pattern, pattern, pattern!  The Mediterranean-North African-Middle Eastern style incorporates gorgeous tiles and mosaics nearly everywhere you turn.  I absolutely fell in love with the unbelievable variety of colors, shapes and patterns popping up around every corner.







  




3. Painted doors are such an easy way to bring a pop of color into any space!  I love these fun colors that give the buildings such personality.  (And if you get tired of the look, it's easy and inexpensive to change it!)









Happy Monday!

Liza




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...