Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Vintage Party

I am a sucker for all things vintage or nostalgic.  I wanted to bring that sense to Henry's party, and the inspired wrapping paper definitely set that tone. So, when thinking of sweets I wanted to connect with the sentimentality of my own childhood.  This is fun for our kids and the adults. 
When I was in Party City, I found these vintage looking animals.  I knew Henry and his friends would love them.  They also reminded me of my own childhood.  

I thought why not stick them in two bite cupcakes from Whole Foods (I do not prepare food that I could easily buy from Whole Foods, especially when the cupcakes cost $3.99 per dozen)



BTW this was the perfect project for Sophia to help me with. They are so good looking and made a fun project for Miss S. 

I have also literally been a sucker for these SUCKERS. They are good looking, classic, and are fun for any event. 

I love the idea of the homemade cake. It is so sweet and sentimental. I know myself and lack of baking skills, so I turn to those who do well, sometimes Whole Foods, and, in this case, Paradis (12th and 4th Ave).  They made a truly homemade cake. 




I say, why wait till you're thirty to have a cake full of candles?  Enjoy the sparkle!!! Blowing out the candles was truly his favorite part of the entire party. 

Best Wishes!!!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...