Thursday, March 8, 2012

For the love of pink

The 411 on Tea
Color and texture can change an ordinary invent into something extra special. I often host little tea parties. Most recently Sophia invited her girlfriends from school to a Valentine's Tea.  

My RULEs of THUMB

Uno: Texture
I say mix it up and use the materials you have right in your home, placemates, remnants, table clothes etc.... Add texture and you are sure to have more depth. Can you see how many different types of patterns I mixed together?


Dos: Color
I say focus in on a color then use variations of it. In this case I went for PINK and all its varieties. As an accent I incorporated green, which I think only enhances all shades of pink. 


Tres: Shapes
Lucky for me the girls were celebrating Valentine's Day, so we focused on hearts and kept all the china round as a perfect compliment.

Throwing together a tea for your adult friends or your daughters, nieces, grandchildren, is as simple as that. You will love it, and your guests will, too.


P.S. I just purchased $3.99 two bite cupcakes and added the $3.99 candy hearts on top.  What a great deal and effect!!!

Happy Party Planning!!!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...