Monday, August 20, 2012

Bargain Hunt

Since I live in the city I rarely have the opportunity to hit up yard sales and thrift shops with fabulous deals. I am talking the 1.00 kind of sales, I took full advantage while we were away in the country. My best finds were these fabulous containers for 3 cents, yes, I said 3 CENTS!!! I bought them all.  They are the perfect robin egg color and will definitely be used.

My tia Alice taught me to stop for yard sales.  Growing up we loved to see what we could find on a Saturday mornings with just our pocket change. The tradition continues and I almost can't help myself from stopping. I even shouted to Jake a few times, "Stop"!

MY THRIFTING RULES

UNO: PICTURE THE ITEM IN MY APARTMENT

DOS: NEVER OVER SPEND 

TRES:  TREAT IT LIKE A TREASURE HUNT

HERE WERE MY FINDINGS


4 Dollar Frame 

3 Dollar Cufflinks

3 CENTS

When it comes to books, I say if they are good looking and in mint condition I say go for it, especially when they are only three dollars a piece. Check out these fabulous TIME LIFE VOGUE instruction manuals I found.  They are so technical and handy, the best you could find is in the Fashion Institute. I love the fabric covering too.  










3 Dollar Cufflinks


I spent a total of 7 bucks, you can't beat that. 

Happy Hunting!


M


M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...