Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kids' Party

About a month ago a friend asked me to help throw a 6 year-old a party.  Since I love a good party, I said YES then began making simple plans for an outdoor kid's party. Whenever I approach party planning, I always begin with color. From there you can decide what is in and what is out. For this event, we went with a vintage carnival theme.

I selected all our paper goods from Paper Presentation, where they have paper straws, fun chevron wooden utensils, and an amazing variety of colors for our paper goods. I simply decided on corals, pinks, and blues for the party. P.S. the yellow ballons were a random bunch--we ended up letting the kids release them.

I picked up ALL the food at Trader Joe's and plated the food on fun colored and shaped platters. I think we spent $120.00 total on the adult food, which is not bad! You can even buy the pelegrino and sparkling lemonade there, too, plus they deliver EVERYTHING!

Here is how it all turned out!!















Thursday I will share our sweet flower arrangements that took the party to the next level, all within a 15 dollar budget.  You can't beat that!!!



 Happy Partying!!


M

4 comments:

  1. such a cute party! I like the mix of adult + children's food. trader joe's is the best..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I selected all our paper goods from Paper Presentation, where they have paper straws, fun chevron wooden utensils, and an amazing variety of colors for our paper goods. I simply decided on corals, pinks, and blues for the party. Ideas 4 Kids Parties

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic looking party, although there seems quite alot of wine there for a kids party haha!

    Cheers,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome kid’s party themes! Thanks for such a wonderful article. Next month my son will turn 6 years and collecting theme ideas and also gather quotes from venue NYC. Thanks for making our work easy as now have to book a venue only.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...