Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pixie Dust & Pirate Maps

Part two of Sophia's party was to incorporate pixie dust and treasure maps. So, to do this I bought blue glitter and small jars with cork screw tops. I did not want the children to be able to open the glitter, so I sealed the lids in pretty deep so the kids could not spread glitter all over their homes. 



As a party favor, the children each took a jar of pixie dust they could easily wear home, which every kid loved.  The other take home where these fabulous burlap baggies, which included an eye patch, jewels, gold, and a mustache. The burlap baggies were a perfect token to carry on Neverland at home. 



If you are going to Neverland you will, of course, need a map, so I thought about printing out maps for the children to take home. Then I got to thinking about all the extra canvas I had and thought why not try an outline of Neverland. I looked online and found a few pictures of maps. I simply outlined a map then colored in the details with crayon. They turned out fabulous, and the children loved working on them, too. So, if you want to make pirate maps simply create an outline for the children, then have the children color in the details with many colors. 




What more do you need as a child, pixie dust and treasure maps? Stay tuned for more party details!

Besos,


M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...