Friday, January 27, 2012

House Hunting

As I mentioned earlier this week, my husband and I (and our Great Dane) are moving back to the US this summer, and we're starting to think about all of the fun possibilities for where we could live.  (Since his new job hasn't officially been announced yet, I won't say where exactly we're going, but stay tuned!)  

Thinking about life in our new hometown is already making me super excited, and I have to confess, I have spent a LOT of time trolling the internet for possibilities.  It's just so fun to look!  Until we decide where exactly we'll be living (downtown? suburbs?) I can keep dreaming about these fixer uppers.  Think of the amazing DIY projects we could do!  Keep in mind that I'm totally dreaming here-- that's the best part about shopping on the internet:)


This cute house needs some serious redecorating--it has lots of carpet that's begging to be taken out to show off its hardwood floors underneath.
Another cute house, this one a more urban choice, has been updated with all of the important things that you can't see and aren't fun to pay for, but still needs some work in the kitchen.  And that back yard would be fun to redo!  I MISS having a yard...





This place needs desperately some updating in the kitchen and bathrooms.





Maybe something like this pretty bathroom featured in this month's issue of House Beautiful?  I love the understated mosaic pattern of the tile.  


This monster needs a TON of work, but that's the fun part, right?!  Somebody needs to snap this downtown beauty up and all of its ELEVEN bedrooms for $150,000!  Anyone with 8 kids should definitely consider this place...


Maybe these are better choices for more energetic DIYers than we are at this point, but it's still fun to look!

Liza


5 comments:

  1. Of course I LOVE the last home, you guys could definitely benefit from having an 11 bedroom home, think of the parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with @The Smiths in NYC, the last is definitely a winner! You'd have so much room for so many things! If you want, you can try to design each room so they all have special traits. You can have a book room where you can store and read all the books that you want; you can also have your own entertainment room where you can watch movies in a comfy couch! And at $150,000, that's practically a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of the wide backyard, the second house is the most interesting house for me. The backyard is my favorite place to burn time. I read novels, and play with the kids and our dog Anita. But the choice will depend on you. The $150,000 house looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge house! But anything is possible, right? There are so many options now on how to pay for a house. My wife and I used to think we wouldn’t be able to afford the house that we now own. Thankfully, we came across a very trustworthy mortgage broker! So, there’s nothing wrong with wanting a house this big, as long as you have the means and know what you want and need.

    Oscar Lang

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...