Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Lighting

On Friday we are hosting a Christmas party and I wanted to change the experience of our space through lighting.  I have been eyeing and coveting the twinkle lights at Restoration Hardware, but it was impossible to convince myself to buy these pricy lights. So when I saw some fun shaped lights at Duane Reade for only 1.99 a package I knew this was my way forward.


When I returned home with my lights, I didn't feel completely satisfied. I knew I needed to spruce them up a bit. So I looked at all my ribbon etc... and found no inspiration. Then I thought, what would the lights look like against tissue paper, so I grabbed some tissue I picked up at Anthropologie for free then began to weave. I was really happy with the initial results, but after looking at the rope I realized the lights lacked depth.


What to do? Add something green, in this case Magnolia leaves. 



I love the result and am sure my guests will appreciate the whimsical Christmas fiesta. I know I will!!







Happy Decorating!!


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...