Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Petite Dinner

When we think of family meal time, I don't know about you, but I imagine us all sharing lovely conversation over fabulous dishes.  That is until I had children.  There is a struggle between feeding your children well and teaching them table manners, all while keeping your children from resenting you throughout the entire process.Who wants to be a naggy mother?!
For these reasons, I have come up with a few semi-fancy meals that one can easily whip up within an hour.  My hope is the little ones will have manners, enjoy each other's company, all while eating something special.
(Believe me there are take out dinners & peanut butter sandwiches some nights, too!) 

The best plan I have come up thus far is to include S & H in the process and also come up with interesting dinner plans. So, last week we served a "Petite Dinner," with everything on the menu petite. What is not to love!  S seasoned the hens with herbs, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper. She then set the table. I finished the other items and voila, al fin dinner was ready within an hour. 
I say start dinner early; that way the children don't turn on you and then you are forced to give into snacks. 

MENU
cornish hens
petite potatoes
brussel sprouts

INGREDIENTS 
sea salt
fresh ground pepper
thyme
rosemary 
olive oil
fresh garlic



We simply added olive oil, pepper, sea salt, and garlic. Sophia plucked a jar full of herbs, which she seasoned the chicken with. Then simply bake the chicken at 350 for 45 minutes. I promise the chicken will be full of flavor and tender. 


For our petite veggies, we selected petite french potatoes and brussel sprouts.  I season simply with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I use my Le Creuset to saute the veggies in hot olive oil. Be sure not to overcook your veggies. 






This is a meal you can feel good about making with your little ones.  The petite dinner is a very grown up meal that the babes will love.

Full Bellies & Happy Hearts

Besos,

Mel

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...