Monday, June 3, 2013

Rope Chandeliers

Lately I have found myself irresistibly drawn to rope chandeliers, and I'm starting to see them everywhere!  The combination of the elegant, traditional chandelier shape with the rustic, nautical feel of its rope wrapping creates a fantastic, interesting juxtaposition.  Normally I shy away from anything too beachy feeling (especially living in a landlocked state-- who would we be kidding with a beach-themed house?), but with the thinner, more elegant versions available of these chandeliers, I think we could pull it off.



This enormous one by Currey and Company would be such a showstopper.


I'm thinking this could be a really fun DIY project!  I'll be keeping an eye out for cheap old chandeliers at the Habitat for Humanity store and on Craigslist.  This guy, for instance, is for sale on Louisville's Craigslist right now for $25.


Could be fun!

xo

Liza

1 comment:

  1. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...