Friday, September 27, 2013

The 411 on Hosting

It is Friday, and a week ago I was hosting a party for 50. I know the number 50 may sound a little scary,  but I tell you the party can be done without breaking the bank. Here is how I approach a large parish party. 

Uno: I follow the rule 3 bites per guest, 1 bottle of vino per 6, and 1 bottle of pelegrino per 4. From there you can decide how many glasses you wish to serve per person. A little math goes a LONG way and will help you save some change. 

For last week's party, friends also brought food/prosecco to add to the mix, which I was very grateful for.  The menu consisted of a substantial cheese plate, french baguette topped with ricotta/figs/honey, Korean sushi (homemade by friends), two bite brownies, apples & honey, then a Mediterranean plate with olives, hummus, figs, and tapenade. We had plenty to eat and drink. I am pretty sure every guest left happier then when they arrived. 










 Once the table was set I placed flowers throughout the whole house. I love having a little blooming surprise throughout our communal spaces. 

What are your hosting tricks?

xo,


M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...