Thursday, March 13, 2014

New Bench for a New Season

For the past couple of months I've been telling myself that spring is definitely coming, hoping to sound convincing enough to talk myself off the ledge from booking a last minute trip to Florida :).  This winter-- for all of us, it seems-- has been long and cold and wet, and any excitement over more snow or snow days has long since faded.  But now, here in Louisville there is a hint of hope that temperatures will rise, the birds will return and things will actually start blooming again-- and I couldn't be more thrilled!  I have to confess, I have been in serious hibernation mode for ages, and the cold and snow and dark days have done a number on my motivation to do pretty much anything except stay warm and stay home.  

But now that spring is in the air (if not yet showing much on the trees), I'm getting excited about projects and decorating and yard work all over again!  


Remember all of those new plants we installed this fall?  Soon we'll start to see the back yard come to life and begin to bloom.  Aaaaaahhhh-- I can't wait for all of those hydrangeas and roses!!  I feel like a kid who can't sleep the night before Christmas:)  We are already enjoying the warmer weather and sunshine, especially since this new garden bench arrived and has given me a new favorite spot to read and relax for a few minutes every day.



Happy (almost) spring!

xo

Liza



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...