Monday, July 14, 2014

Closet Inspiration

I have been out of commission for a while now, and I'm so excited to be back on Mel & Liza again!!  Here's a quick update on what I've been up to lately.  A couple of weeks ago, Jady and I joined (most of) his family down in sunny Florida for long overdue vacation involving eating, sleeping and sitting on the beach all day long.  It was wonderful, and I even read a couple of actual books, which I'm ashamed to admit doesn't happen very often at home these days.  White sand, suntans, seafood, riding bikes everywhere- it was fabulous.

Just after arriving home again, I went straight into the hospital to have sinus surgery, which I've known I needed for a while now but have been putting off (who has time to lie around recovering for weeks at a time??).  Thankfully the whole process was much less traumatic than I had heard or imagined, and I'm actually starting to feel like myself again! 

During my first few days of lying in bed, in between naps I couldn't help but daydream about what else we could do to this house (IF we had the money, and IF it made sense with the real estate market, and IF we stay here for 5 years-- you get the idea).  So, like I said, daydreaming.  But IF... then I'd want to build a second story onto the back of the house above the back rooms, which is just one floor at the moment.  That addition would 1) make our bedroom spacious enough to be a real master, and 2) give us an enormous walk in closet.  Yes, please.

I think part of my daydreaming exercise was brought on by the fact that, between packing, unpacking, and me being bedridden, our own tiny walk in looks like a grenade went off in there at the moment.  Even when it's tidy, our clothes are smushed together and crammed in so tightly there's not really room to scoot anything side-to-side.  So every now and then I like to imagine what it would be like to have one of these amazing setups...





I love this more masculine version, too-- almost like a library feel.

Murphy & Co. Design

This closet is long and narrow, but the high ceilings and skylights help visually enlarge the space.

DPC Inc.

Don't you display your perfectly folded sweaters coordinated by color?

Clos-ette Too

McBurney Junction

I'm inspired!  Maybe someday we'll have a closet the size of a large bedroom, but in the meantime I'll start organizing the one we have:)

xo

Liza


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...