Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When Dishes Come True

I love food.  I enjoy cooking at home, being invited over to other people's homes to eat with them, and especially the chance to eat out (no dishes!).  What's especially fun is that my husband loves food like I do, we both will eat just about anything (although I'm the even more adventurous one), and we both love the whole range that's out there-- from takeout pizza to Panera Bread to fancy places.  

Recently my parents, knowing this about us, gave us the thoughtful gift of treating us to a dinner out, someplace we wouldn't normally go that would really be special.  We did lots of researching and asked around for ideas on which restaurant of the many great ones here in Vienna to try, and we finally settled on Steirereck im Stadtpark, an incredible place that has won tons of awards for its food.  We were SO excited about this night that we hardly ate a thing beforehand, anticipating the 6 course menu ahead. 

Steirereck am Stadtpark

Ok, so I know it's cruel to go on and on, but everything was incredible, and it was probably the most delicious meal we've ever had. What I love about an experience like this, whenever you get to go out to a great restaurant, is being re-inspired in my own cooking at home.  I especially loved the presentation for each of these courses and was so excited that I took a photo of everything we had (discreetly, don't worry:)). Check out these beautiful dishes, and get inspired for some lovely presentation of your own.

A gift from the chef







     


   

   


   


   








The cheese cart as the grand finale



Happy customers

I hope you were inspired to go home and whip up something special.  I know I am!

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...