Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chic Chinoiserie

A few weeks ago my husband and I went to the weekly outdoor flea market at the Naschmarkt at home in Vienna, and I spotted a couple of Chinese Foo Dog porcelain statues in bright blue.  I was so tempted to buy them at the time, but we ended up leaving with another big purchase instead--a Herend china coffee set for our Christmas gift to each other (which was ALMOST all authentic, as it turns out:))--and I couldn't justify going back for these pretty blue accents.  

I must have turquoise accents on my mind, like in this recent post, because ever since then I can't stop noticing them everywhere, and I wish I had snatched them up that day!!  A pair of Foo Dogs can add such a fun, unexpected pop of color in a room.  Maybe they'll still be there when we head home again after our trip to the US...





Ivanka Trump's apartment via Little Green Notebook

Don't miss the tortoise shell effect table in this shot:

Domicile Interior Design



In case someone else has snatched up the ones we found that day before we get back, here are a few more options:

Large pair of Foo Dogs on eBay

10.5 inch pair on eBay is a great deal

Or this tiny 2.25 inch pair of jade dogs from Amazon would be a more understated version



Blue Foo Dog lamps- so fun!

Happy decorating,

Liza

2 comments:

  1. So, A. I love the Jady appreciates Herand china just as much as you do... and B. I've always loved the Chinese Foo Dog and staffordshire dog look as well. My mom's got a collection, and every time I'm home I try to slip a smaller one in my bag... I get caught every time!

    Don't you love this:
    http://bunnatinedreams.blogspot.com/2011/08/resounding-woof-for-staffordshire-dogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therefore The. I really like the actual Jady likes Herand tiongkok as much just as you do... as well as W. I have usually cherished the actual Chinese language Foo Canine as well as staffordshire canine appear too. The|Healthcare professional|Personal|My own, personal|Search terms|My own , personal|Medical professional|Published|Health care provider|My business|All of my|Of my|Excellent|My own personal|Keyword phrases|A|Offered|Economical|Day-to-day|Web page} mother's obtained a selection, every period I am house We attempt to slide an inferior one out of the|healthcare professional|personal|my own, personal|search terms|my own , personal|medical professional|published|health care provider|my business|all of my|of my|excellent|my own personal|keyword phrases|a|offered|economical|day-to-day|web page} handbag... We get discovered each time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...