Thursday, February 2, 2012

When You Hit a Wall...

Our living room boasts one wall of lovely windows, but the other three walls are huge and blank-- a problem that was on my mind from even before we moved in.  I have always been pretty intimidated about hanging things on the wall-- where? what? how high? groups or alone?-- so I began trolling the internet and magazines for some helpful ideas.  One idea I loved was to find a series of prints to frame over the couch that would together fill up a large space and accentuate the room's high ceilings.





Jenny from my favorite read, The Little Green Notebook, posted once about calendars made by Cavellini & Co, an Italian company that prints images with a vintage feel onto high quality paper, which would make a perfect series for hanging.  I love so many of their options, like these vintage maps.


 Or the birds-- I love the colors in these!






In the end I went for the Italia wall calendar, since my husband and I went to Italy on our honeymoon and can't seem to stop going back! So many of the places pictured in the pages of the calendar remind us of happy memories and delicious meals.

Once the calendar arrived I took it to a printer's shop to have the bound edge cut off (rather than me struggle with trying to make all 12 of them perfectly straight).  Always running low on decoration funds, I picked out literally the cheapest frames from IKEA that at all made sense with the size of the pages and just stuck them inside.  Super simple, but it would also look great with painted frames...



Easiest thing ever, and the wall is covered!

Liza

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Liza, your blog is full of such great ideas. Thanks for the inspiration --now I just need the talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! I'm so glad you like the blog! xxL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...