Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Instant Redesign

I love beautiful things- who doesn't?  Sometimes I find myself in want of things, and when your in that place you can easily begin to fill ungrateful for what you have.  Last week while the Rev. was away I was feeling a little down and wishing I had new rugs, a sofa, etc......  I reminded myself to take a look around me and see what I could do with what I have.  I found a few things that changed everything.  I had a quart of sea blue paint, Martha Stewart animal prints, nails, and some foam board. 

What I really wanted to do was give the kid's room a lift.  With just a little paint you can reinvent any space or item for that matter. I decided to repaint Sophia's lamp, an old mirror tucked away, and her front door.  

THE BEFORE
It is clear to see this wall space needed some attention.  I wanted to create a space where Sophia could display her artwork from school while still maintaining order.  Also, the decals in her room had become a bit too dusty.  
I took the foam board I had and made a quick stop to Paper Presentation (18th btw 5th & 6th Ave) to pick up a graphic sheet of paper ($5.95 total) to cover the foam.  I simply purchased double side permanent tape, wall adhesive (non-permenant), and away we went. I just wrapped the paper around the foam. It is amazing what a little tape and paint can do. 

About a year ago I came across some really fun Martha Stewart animal letters at Michaels.  They were so inexpensive, I think $5.00 dollars total, and thought I would eventually frame them for Henry's room. I searched for frames that would fit and soon realized each letter would need to be custom framed.  So, I tucked them away realizing this project would be to expensive.  That is until I discovered colored tape.......
I simply "framed" each image and added white push pins.  The affect is whimsical and perfect for an ever changing space. Sophia was so happy when she discovered them after school. I selected her favorite animals and pinned them up. 

Miss. Sophia made this fabulous key holder for Christmas.  I love all the bright colors. This is another item that needed a place.  I think we found it!!


FINISHED PRODUCT 



VOILA
This is my kind of recycling!! Come back Friday see how I reinvented Henry's space. 


Besos,


M

5 comments:

  1. Mel, you have been BUSY! I love your projects in this post, especially the colored tape "frames" for the prints-- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right within my budget!!! 3.95 for an entire roll of tape, you can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that! The tape frames are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily they are so PERFECT for kids projects etc... I can't tell you how much the kids love the "framed"animals. It really is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bright and cheery! Love the "framed" prints.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...