Monday, May 21, 2012

Anthro Wedding

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Jake and I enjoyed taking the kids to the NYC dancing parade, where S had a fabulous time.

Last week I had a wedding gig here at our church. I had a fabulous time prepping for an "Anthro" aesthetic, a kind of country elegance look. There is nothing more natural and sentimental then lilac and lilly of the valley in the summer. I then added the elegance with a mixture of peonies. 

Here is how it all went down.  
Flower arrival 5:30 AM


The Centerpieces




The Corsages
When it comes to corsages it gets a little tricky, since I, personally, don't love to do them. I think pined corsages or wrist corsages are better saved for 80's themed parties. So, what I like to do is create small nosegay arrangements for mothers and grandmothers. For this wedding I combined lilly of the valley with white peonies. 




The Bridesmaid
A few years ago Jake performed the wedding for two of our friends. I was so inspired by their wedding. Each bridesmaid had a differently arranged bouquet. What a fantastic idea!  For this wedding, I loved adding a variety of peonies with lilac and rosemary. The bride requested that each bouquet look like it could have been picked out of a garden. 


The Boutonniere
To continue out our theme I arranged berries, rosemary, and a bit of lilac in each boutonniere. 




Al Fin


Stay tuned-- when the bride returns from her honeymoon I will be happy to share the pics of her bouquet. 

Have a great week, and if you are in an area where you can pick up some peonies, DO IT!  They are sooo pleasing to the home!

Besos,

M

3 comments:

  1. I got peonies for mother's they, love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beyond talented! I can't wait to see the other photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...