Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Finds: Bergere Chairs

I love bergere chairs.  They are so elegant, but in a comfortable, usable kind of way.  I'm always on the lookout for some, but the trouble is, they are usually way too far out of my price range.  I have always just considered them one of those things I'll wait on until later in life (you know, when I have millions to spend on decorating).
via Apartment Therapy

Just the other day, though, while browsing eBay listings under "pair chairs," I was thrilled to see these!  It's rare to find two of these bergere chairs under 500 dollars, much less for the 50 bucks this guy was asking.  50 dollars!!  Ok, so the fabric looks terrible (what exactly have they been doing to these chairs?), but I would want to recover them, anyway, and I was banking on their ratty appearance to scare off any other would-be bidders.  The wood is in good condition, and with some new fabric, they'll be gorgeous!


The huge, possibly deal-breaking problem here is that these chairs are in LA-- not even remotely close to me.  The seller was only offering local pickup, but he has sweetly agreed to discuss shipping options.  Greyhound offers low rates on sending even large items like these chairs, although you have to be willing to drop off and pick up at your nearest Greyhound bus station (they don't deliver).

Here's one you can buy from Ballard Designs (for a thousand dollars a piece) to give you an idea of the resurrection I'm hoping to pull off with these eBay finds. 

Am I dreaming? 

Hoping it works!  Then I'll have another fun project to tackle:)  Stay tuned for some more upholstery tricks up my sleeve.

Liza 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...