Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bargain Shopping

While I am at home in NC visiting with my family for a few weeks, my sister and I have had the best time doing together one thing we absolutely love: furniture shopping.  

Now, we both are working within a budget while looking for a few things for around the house, and besides, we just enjoy the hunt for a good bargain!  So this week we visited several wonderful spots, perfect for finding a diamond in the rough either for her house or my imaginary one in Louisville (still haven't found one yet).  Determinedly, patiently we scanned rows of vendors at the flea market and hit up several warehouses full of second hand furniture.

Since we don't yet have a house picked out, I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but every now and then you see something you just LOVE and can't live without... 

And that's exactly how I felt about this amazing desk!  I love it-- every time I look at it it makes me happy--and at $169 a pretty good deal.  And the pair of lamps is gorgeous, too-- heavy brass with a pretty pineapple detail, and the set cost just $14!  Unbelievable.



All in all, a successful hunt.

Don't you love a bargain?

Liza

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And affordable!! I love the pineapple lamps. Fruit in decor always reminds me of the south.
    We have a thrift shop at the church I've been trying to check out more. It is amazing what you can find!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...