Wednesday, May 9, 2012

City Gardening

I have never claimed to have a "green thumb," but I do enjoy a little planting as soon as spring arrives.  I think when you live in a city where gardening is not really an option (unless of course you have roof access!) you must be very creative.  

Fortunately for us, our apartment has a small courtyard.  This year, I couldn't help myself and I replanted most of the empty planters.  I planted azaleas, hydrangeas, ferns, and lots of pansies.  I recruited our Sunday school children to join in the fun. 

Just a POP of color did the trick. Now, I could not leave without some flowers in hand to arrange in my own home. What I love about this time of year is you can just trim a few flowering branches and in an instant spring has come to you. 




Happy Gardening!

M

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I find tending to potted plants so rewarding... Are you growing any herbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the branches you've got around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cate we definitely need to get some herbs going,.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...