Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Murals at Home

I am having the best time planning the look for our new house!  What's fun about this stage is that I can indulge in dreaming about going in lots of different directions with the look without investing any money or time just yet.  Do we want a mostly neutral interior?  Pops of color in accents? Or bolder colors, maybe? Warm or cool? Or both?  It's fun to think about, and hopefully with a little preparation we will end up feeling good about whichever look we end up choosing.

One idea that has been on my mind lately is using murals to decorate a room.  I love how their airy, muted colors and natural themes transport a space into the outdoors--without the pollen or the dirt:)  


I love this wallpaper from Susan Harter, who offers both in stock murals as well as custom ones.  No prices on her website, though, so look out! Something so beautiful is most likely not cheap, but it absolutely makes a room.

via Style Beat

via Classical Mural

Elle Decor

via Furniture Luxury Design


Whether hand painted or on wall paper, these pretty scenes are giving me a lot to think about...

xo

Liza


1 comment:

  1. I bet you could paint one up, I can't wait to see what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...