Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fancy Take Out

When you are living a clergy life, your door is always open and you need to be ready to host at anytime. Lucky for me I live in the city of take out.  If I have the time I will always cook a meal for guests, but sometimes life gets a little too busy between drop offs and chasing H.  I say, even if you are going to pick something up, you can always welcome your guests with little details that will take your take out to the next level.  

Notice the Posto pizza boxes in the background.

Over the last couple of months I have been working on Creative Arts Camp, so the volunteers and I have shared many meals together. Some nights I am able to pull a meal together, but two weeks ago I ordered fancy pizza for the group. 



I think the love is all of in the details.  I took the cheese and chilli and placed them in colorful bowls. I set the table as if we were having a fancy dinner. There is nothing worse then attending a planning meeting over pizza and feeling like you were at a teen birthday party!





Just adding real china and silver wear makes ANY meal a pleasure.  
What hosting tricks to do you have? 


Besos,

M

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! Who hasn't run out of time before and still wanted to have a nice meal that doesn't feel like a "teenager's birthday party"?? I love it! Thanks, Mel-- it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Always inspired by your tables, and love the slightly wild looking flowers... very country-in-the-city!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...