Friday, August 31, 2012

A Silver Lining

When my sister and I were young, setting the table was most often our contribution to the dinnertime family ritual, and it's still something I love today.  Setting the table signifies that the meal you're about to share is special, even if you do it the same way every day.

My real love is sterling silver flatware, but the price of silver has gotten so high that it's a real investment.  There are some great silver plated options out there, though, which can give you that gorgeous glow and patina but without the price of solid silver. While we lived in Europe, we collected loads of mismatched silver plated flatware from flea markets and junk/antique stores all over the place for everyday use and love its warm color and mixed history.

Now you can start your own collection without booking a trip or digging through junk at a flea market stall.  Anthropologie has done the searching for you and now sells place settings of mismatched vintage silverware from all over the country for just $36 for five pieces.




Have a great weekend!

Liza


1 comment:

  1. I love this, I had no idea they did this. I am in trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...