Thursday, December 20, 2012

Upscale DIY Christmas

As I have been shopping this season, I am always on the hunt for gifts that lift the spirits, items you don't "really need, but WANT." I have been loving all the JCrew, Madewell, and Anthro sweaters out there. I was really trying to convince myself to buy a couple out of budget items for my sister and mother, but my good sense took over and I ended up with two very cheery sweaters from the GAP.  I loved the color blocking, but found myself a little bored wishing for a little sparkle. What to do,  create your own design with a touch of ME. 







I simply removed the old plain buttons and sewed this vintage gold ones one. Then I added shimmery goldfish/pink elbow patches for a little lift.  I love the results and the total price tag was less than 30 dollars a sweater. You can't beat that.



Merry Christmas!!


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...