Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birthday Treats! and an Awesome Sale

Last week we celebrated my birthday with a perfectly wonderful schedule of eating out, movie watching and manicures, with some time in there for opening some incredibly thoughtful gifts from family and friends.  One fun birthday surprise came from my mother in law, who gave me a "gift certificate" for something around the house-- a treat that I could pick out for myself.  How great is that?  Yes, please.

As I've mentioned before, I have been thinking for a while about what kind of drapes to buy-- or make-- to hang in the dining room and couldn't seem to decide.  My ideal scenario involved billowing pleated silk curtains (check out the original post here), but I felt that we just couldn't justify the expense at this point when there are still so many other projects still to go around here.  But then, happy surprise, I found these silk dupioni drapes on major sale from Linen Source-- lined, French pleat panels in a pretty "candlelight" color and long enough for our tall windows!  Thanks to my mother in law we are about to have exactly what we wanted-- and I was spared trying to dye, sew and pleat my own curtains:)




I am loving the color even more in person than in the photos online.  It's such a soft, buttery cream color that blends perfectly with the walls-- which will help make the room feel larger than if we had gone with a contrasting color.

I am going to use some hand-me-down wooden curtain rods to hang the drapes, but first I primed and painted everything using Martha Stewart's metallic paint in Golden Pearl for some sheen.  







Stay tuned for the before and after photos.  I can't wait to see how the room turns out!

xo

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...