Thursday, March 14, 2013

Homemade Party Favors

When I was dreaming up Henry's birthday party, I knew I wanted it to included horses. I ran across a beautiful German blog that included a tutorial on using knit socks for the purpose of making sock horses. I am no knitter, but I loved the idea of creating original sock horses. So while in AZ I picked up a variety of fabric, rope, and accessories to make unique horses. 

WHAT YOU NEED
Magna Tac
buttons
heavy fabric to make ears
yarn
Gold-toe socks
batting
fun ribbon/rope



STEP UNO
Simply stuff your socks with batting and form the shape you like most. 


STEP DOS
Glue on the "hair" (yarn)
Add eyes and ears (don't forget the ears-- the horse doesn't look right without them:))

TRES
Flip the tube portion of the sock upwards.  I then adde a bamboo stick and tied the head around the stick a few times with twine.  (Just a heads up: I think it would have worked better if I had secured the head to the stick with hot glue.)






This project was so much fun, and the kids really did love them. 

Besos,

Mel

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable party favors! I bet the kids were so excited to take these home with them! We used to LOVE playing with stick horses when we were little!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...