Monday, July 22, 2013

My Favorite Spot.....

Get ready for some photos, guys!  I have been working daily on our family's new favorite spot, the den. The kids love the space and so do we. I have been busy trying to make this space cozy, especially while we wait for the rest of our furniture to arrive.


Here are a few BEFORE photos....




I knew I wanted the space to be a dark gray (Anvil by B.M.), so the space would be perfect for movie night. The yellow that was in here was not doing anything for the space, especially with blonde flooring. So instead I went with dark grays.

 I loved the choice, but soon realized I needed to paint the back of the book shelves, just to finish the thought. Even after I placed books in the shelves, the brown was so dull and made our space look old. I decided on B.M.'s Black Ribbon. I love the result.




 The space needed a small lift, so I spray painted book these piggy bookends to add a splash.







The space is a work in progress, but for now the den is our favorite place to be.

Mill Besos,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...