Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dinner Parties Part One

When I was a young teenager, I often thought of opening in a cafe somewhere in San Francisco and naming the spot "Cafe Luna." So it is of no surprise I love to throw dinner parties. Last night was no different, and we happily hosted a dinner for 28 people. Now, we are still without most of our furniture, so our space lends itself to be transformed easily, which I love. When I approached this party, I had French cafe in mind and went for it. 


When you are coming up with creative seating, I say think outside the box. I often set up our seating arrangement the night before; then when the morning arrives, I sit in the space to make sure the space feels right. 

P.S. I also find it is often more fun to have a couple of quirky spots. Not everyone socializes easily and having some dinning areas that are tucked away can make for a cozy atmosphere. 





I love using a variety of table tops. It is more fun to have rounds, smalls and long rectangular seating. Keep your guests on their toes!!!




Mil Besos!!!


MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...