Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Corner

When you have several spaces to complete at once, it is easy to become overwhelmed. Before we left for the country a few weeks ago, I was hitting the wall with ideas for our kitchen. The flooring would benefit from a paint job, newly painted cabinets (check!), and we have a corner in the kitchen with limited lighting. 

Before leaving town, Jeremy Coleman and I walked through the space. He suggested knocking out a wall or adding a bar to the space. Sadly, I had already selected a pedestal table and blue mod chairs and didn't feel like I could scrap it all and start over. I was feeling a little defeated and lost for ideas. So, before I left I cleaned the kitchen and I hoped upon return I would be full of ideas. 

Happily I found two items I knew were a MUST-- the hutch was marked at 13.00 and the barn window was marked at 15.00. You cannot beat, that and I knew these two pieces would pull our look together without having to make and major changes. 



With just a few bolts and coats of paint (Popcorn by Martha Stewart) and the interior blue/gray we were on our way to a cozier and cleaner space. I then added herbs in fun modern containers and a few cacti.   I did like Jeremy's idea to draw more light into our dark corner and with the window placed in the space we would love to have a real one, we have a fun effect.  And in just a couple of weeks we are going to have a new Restoration Hardware light fixture in our space, so the problem with be somewhat solved then anyway. 











I am so pleased with our simple up-do to our blank space. 

Mil Besos,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...