Monday, September 23, 2013

Paint it GOLD

When Jake and I returned from the country I had a few nagging ideas on my mind. As soon as we returned I got to it.
 When I was selecting lighting on a budget I had to choose wisely when it came to accents. In the living room I was hoping for something gold and regal. BUT with our time constraints and budget we settled for silver RH sconces. The bronze options were way out of budget. The ones we got looked just fine, but I could not get the gold sconces out of my mind. Our living room is large and calls for a little bling. That is when I was tempted to paint our sconces gold. 

 I am so happy the result turned out just what I hoped for. Just a caution: you need a steady hand when painting with gold leaf, and I know it is tempting to paint two coats, but you must trust one coat is sufficient. If you over coat, you arer left with streaks, DIY in a bad way.  











A little gold in a space goes a long way!


Mil Besos,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...