Friday, October 25, 2013

DIY Costumes

For the past month Sophia has been saying she wanted to be a Mariachi for Halloween. We are originally from Arizona, so I thought no problem-- I am sure my family will be able to track down an authentic costume. To my mother's disappointment, the quest for the perfect Mariachi costume led us to ordering an expensive costume from Mexico City.  After a few shipping complications we went back to the drawing board. 

My mother and I then came up with a chic Mariachi outvia via Zara kids. I love the look and I am pleased she can wear it in the coming year. 












I bought the hat from Party City, the bow from Anthropologie, the coat from the Gap, and lastly the pants and boots are by Zara kids. All together the costume has come together, and the best part is she will be able to wear each item all year long. 


What are you going to be for Halloween??

xo,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...