Monday, October 21, 2013

How to hang.....

I have had so much fun putting the details together in our home.  One spot that makes we smile is the gallery wall in our living room. I finally am able to display our favorite pieces where everyone can enjoy them. 

When I was first facing the daunting blank wall, I was a little intimidated. I thought first I ought to find one large piece of art or photography to cover our space, but that idea became overwhelming too.  How could I chose one item for such a large space. Then slowly but surely our wall came together with odds and ends. I scored big time with the center oil painting which was framed. I picked up this favorite for only forty dollars. I was so pleased with this find. 

Once I had all my pieces together for display I hung and rehung until the wall was just right. My friend Ginger helped along the way-- she helped me rethink and restructure the design a few times. It is always easier and more fun to hang your gallery with someone you trust. 

Liza and I talking through the large space, so many options.....




This was my first attempt with the wall. I lived with it a few weeks then I decided to change it up a bit. 





The Final Result





Overall we are happy with the space. To be continued.......


xo,


Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...