Monday, November 4, 2013

Holiday Photo Cards

With the holidays ahead of us I do like to cross a few items off my to do list before I end up overnighting Christmas cards, and party invitations etc...  I use Halloween as my marker, like I know Duane Reade does, so each year I book our friend Jeremy to take pics. When I was thinking up our card for this year I wanted to do something a little more fun for the kids, since taking family pics is NOT on the top of their to do list.

Last Sunday our dear friend Jeremy, all around expert (girls, he is single!!!), took our annual photos. He is so sweet and warm while taking this neurotic New Yorker family's pictures. We are not easy to capture well, since for instance Jake has a hard time relaxing in photos, and the kids are usually squirmy and a little wild. I am usually the only one actually looking at the camera. It is definitely an event, and poor Jeremy usually has to take 500 shots hoping for one good Smith pic. 

My solution, besides chocolate bribery, was to include an element of surprise this year. I came home with 6 gigantic blue balloons. They were huge, and watching me walk 10 blocks with them in the streets of NYC must have been a sight. I am telling you, though, they were well worth it. The kids had fun and so did we. Although Jake kept asking throughout the shoot, "so the balloons symbolize what now?" My answer: they were an element of distraction and silly fun. What family doesn't need unpredictable surprises?









In the end we had the best time and had some really fun shots. By the way, if you are wondering why Henry is not touching the balloons, he was afraid he would fly away. Who can blame him?


Mil Besos,


Mel

BTW 

Miss. S is wearing ZARA kids
Mr. H is wearing Janie & Jack (bow tie by Crew Cuts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...