Monday, December 2, 2013

Quick & Easy Wall Series

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We are back from a fabulous few days in the mountains of NC with my parents, sister, brother in law and their three fun, adorable children.  So much to be thankful for.

Just before we left town I knocked out a little project in our first floor bathroom that I had been meaning to do, and for whatever reason, in the middle of packing seemed like the best time for it;)  When we bought this house, the only door into the bathroom was from the kitchen, which I didn't love 1) because it limited the counter and cabinet options, and 2) because I prefer a more discreet entrance to a powder room than next to the refrigerator.  So we closed off that old doorway and cut a new one from the little bedroom/office at the back of the house.  I have been so happy with this new layout, but until now I haven't done anything with the lonely, blank wall in the bathroom where the door used to be.  It's not terrible, but with the neutral paint color and tile, the whole space seemed a little bare.


During my trip to IKEA a couple of weeks ago for Lindsay's dining room chairs I swiped four gold frames for us, knowing that I could always find a spot for a series of botanical prints, vintage postcards, or sketches, neatly framed and hung together.  Eventually I might find just the right set of prints, but in order to fill up this empty space and to utilize my new frames now, I simply pulled out four pages of a Cavallini & Co. vintage travel wall calendar, cut them to size, and done.  SO satisfying.












Happy Monday!



Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...