Thursday, February 6, 2014

DIY TENTS: PART DOS

We are well into February and have already had TWO snow days. I can tell you for sure, this AZ girl is OVER it! If you are in such yucky weather, I suggest building these super easy A Frame tents. They are so much fun when you're stuck inside. You won't even miss being outside in the park, I promise.  Here are a few shots of our finished tents so far. I am sure they will be glamed up a bit for the big birthday party itself.




After our friend Jeremy built the A frames, I draped the tents. I simply made the tents taut by nailing in upholstery nails and hot gluing the edges to the two bottom poles. Your tent should simply fold together if your fabric is taut. 

My approach to this project was to use materials I had at home. I used a variety of table cloths and old fabric lying around the house. Our third tent, which is not complete will include fun patterns. That project is in the works and I can't wait to share it with you all. 







 







I have a few more details to add. I will share those with you in the coming weeks. 


Stay Cozy!!

MEL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...