Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Re-design with Dwell

As Henry continues to grow I often find myself looking for ways to "recycle" his sweet clothing or bedding. Like most people, I LOVE Dwell Studio. They capture design so well and are available at such reasonable prices. Who didn't love Dwell for Target?
LOVELY DESIGN

As I came to terms with the reality that Henry is growing, I knew something had to be done with his old crib sheets and clothing, and I began to think up ways to salvage these great designs. So, I began to sew.




At first I ended up with some pretty good looking pillows for Henry's room. I then found that I couldn't stop myself and moved on to a coverlet. This took some time, but I found it to be so satisfying when complete.

I did not let anything go to waste. I took this cute bumper and used this design in the pattern.


Stay Tuned for Friday Reveal!!!

By the way, did you know today is Dia De Los Muertos? I know it sounds a bit creepy if you are not familiar with this Mexican tradition, but I like to think of it as Mexico's All Saints' Day. There is some beauty inspiration to be had, and I love any excuse to eat more Mexican food.

Marigolds
Mexico's traditional floral centerpiece. If you need some of these golden beauties you can find them for 8.00 a bunch at 28
th Street Flowers.
What is not to LOVE?!!



Besos,


M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...